What is Workflow?
It is an automation process that fired an action based on Evaluation criteria & rule criteria.
Workflow rules provide benefits such as improving the quality and consistency of data, increasing data integrity, improving efficiency and productivity, lowering costs and reducing risks.
workflows having 3 types of Evaluation Criteria’s:
- Record is created.
- Record is created, and every time it’s edited.
- Record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria (Creation and First Updation only fires )
Apply conditions on the fields .
Note: we can define workflow on sobject (Salesforce Object ).
Setup||Build||Create||Workflows & Approvals||Workflow Rule||New Rule
Workflow Type : workflow having two types:
- Immediate Workflow – Perform an Action Immediately .
- Time- Dependent workflow – Perform an Action after some time .
- You cannot add time-dependent workflow actions with this Evaluation Criteria, Record is created and Every time its Edit .
- workflow will fires when it Active state .
Workflow Actions : Workflows having 4 type of Actions:
- Task: tasks can be assigned to users or record owners automatically when the rule criteria meets.
- Email Alert: An Email alert is an action that is sent to specified recipients using the email templates. The recipients may be salesforce users or others
- Field Update: field update is an action that will update the value of a field automatically
- Outbound Message: outbound message is an action that sends a secure configurable API message(in xml format) to a external system.